Aubrey is a ball of energy. Every time I walk into the studio she greets me with the biggest “Hi Chloe” and smile. Plus, she has the coolest spandex. It isn’t uncommon to see Aubrey decked out in blonde wigs, tutus, etc. ready for her theme rides. She has so much enthusiasm and her classes are super fun! Aubrey’s class is a great space for release, and a time to forget about all the negative that is going on. You can spend the whole 45 minutes smiling without even noticing.
As one of the original Miami instructors, how has SoulCycle Miami evolved since opening?
It really is a beautiful thing to take a step back and realize how far we’ve come since opening our first studio in Coral Gables! One of the biggest things that stands out to me is the community aspect! SO many friendships have been made at our studio. Such a cool thing to walk in to the studio and see everyone “hanging out” talking about the day they had and making weekend plans with each other.
What do you do to prepare for class?
Each day is different but first things first, I make a playlist that inspires and excites me so I can bring that energy in to the room. I read A LOT of books so I try to ground myself by reading a chapter of whatever book I am in before walking in to the studio. Sometimes what I read can relate to class and sometimes it doesn’t but for whatever reason, it just gets me grounded.
How has your life changed as a SoulCycle instructor?
Life has changed A LOT but I’ll list my top 5 below:
- Biggest change is that I took a leap of faith and moved from New York City to Miami! I lived in New York City for seven years before coming here, working as a professional dancer. I will always have a love for dance so I try to incorporate that in my classes.
- I now live in spandex, sweatpants, and my go-to hair style is a high ponytail (haha)
- I’ve never listened to more music in my life! I am constantly researching new music 24/7.
- I’ve also never done more laundry in my entire life- I go through about 4 outfit changes a day!
- One of my favorite quotes is “surround yourself with people who reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel, energy is contagious” Since starting this job, I have never met SO many inspirational and motivational people. Every one in the company from instructors, to front desk staff, to the people walking in the doors to take class are pretty amazing with incredible stories. I feel so fortunate to surround myself with these people every single day.
How do you feel you make an impact?
I feel like I make an impact by creating a “safe space” for people to come and release- or what I like to call “vacate their lives” for 45 minutes. The room has no judgement and I encourage my class to embrace their uniqueness in the room so they can bring that with them when they leave and enter back out in to the world. We always tend to hold back some of our greatest characteristics in fear that we will be judged or looked at differently. One step at a time I feel like we break boundaries in the room which is practice for the real world.
You’re an inspiration to so many people, who is your inspiration?
I feel like the world around me is my inspiration! Going out and interacting with people and noticing the small things in life that we sometimes take for granted. I feel like it is my job to constantly give people inspiration. I feel like I now look at the world through a different lens than before I was a SoulCycle instructor. You can TOTALLY draw inspiration from just about anything.